Monday, March 9, 2009

Sunday Night Prayer Meeting

As I opened up the prayer meeting on Sunday night I challenged everyone to really take ownership. I felt like I was supposed to be more of a prayer manger than a prayer leader. I asked each person to listen to the Lord and ask about what we were supposed to do. To be honest, if no one came to me I was prepared to have God-time for the whole two hours. I didn’t want to just go through the motions. About halfway through the prayer meeting I received a note about Psalm 52:9, “I will)give You thanks forever, because You have done it, And I will wait on Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your godly ones.” We all gathered up front and began waiting on the Lord. We were silent, no music, no voices, just waiting and allowing the Lord to focus our attention. Out of that time we began to simply declare the things that God was revealing to us about himself. I loved this. It went on for nearly half an hour, still no music; just people taking turns declaring things about the Lord. This led to a time of powerful worship. I loved it because it felt so focused on God. We were not going through the motions, we were worshiping the Living God!

No comments: