Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday February 9, 2009 6-8pm

Before the prayer meeting tonight, I was able to come a bit early and start praying for the prayer meeting. Psalm 42:1 came to mind frequently and it became the scripture/idea that we sought after.

As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.

2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?

3 My tears have been my food
day and night,
while men say to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"

CJ talked to me during the end of the first hour and talked about this same verse. It was refreshing to hear the ideas that he was bringing up about how the furnace needs to bring it as a whole, in unity. He told me about how he, has relied on the prayer leaders in order to bring the direction and purpose instead of joining together with everyone in unity in reliance on God to lead. I must agree that I have forgotten the importance of the body coming together in unity to pray.

So in this prayer meeting, I decided that we would use Psalm 42:1-3 to corporately stir up desire. I had everyone in the furnace and dla come to the front, kneel and pray psalm 42. We prayed that our desire for him and our love for him would outweigh the sins and distractions of the world. Casen did a great job of leading worship during this time with "we are hungry". After a good amount of time, we prayed the idea behind psalm 42 (desire for Him) and also love for others... We didn't go to deep into the second part but it was still solid! It took us a while to end, but my prayer is that we would walk continually changed and trasformed in order to give more worship to God.

Monday night will be prayer walking in two weeks, February 23, 2009!!! keep it in your calenders and tell your friends!!!

Much love,

Josiah Carlson


No comments: