Wednesday, April 8, 2009

PRAYER LEADERS :)

Hey Prayer leaders!
#1 Just wanted to say thanks for loving Jesus and being willing to allow him to work through you! I am confident that he delights in each one of you and that hearts are being affected and changed through each of your obedience and humility to the plan of our Father! Isn't it awesome that Jesus empowers us to love to obey Him!

I have not been to a meeting in awhile so I just wanted to write to say Hi and share with you my thoughts as well as hopefully see how God is moving in you. Regarding prayer meeting I feel much more peaceful, confident, and secure during prayer meetings because Jesus has taught me that I am hidden in the rock. One could say I felt a lot like Gideon in Judges who was chosen by God to do something awesome but felt unequipped and insecure about the word and will of the Lord. He was afraid that what he had to offer was not enough and in all reality what we have to offer God is never enough, we always fall short of His glorious standard! In our flesh we can never fulfill the word of the Lord, but that's why Jesus left us his Spirit who equips, trains, and guilds us to do the work and will of the Lord. Thankfully we have a kind and generous God who knows the weakness of our frame and in our weakness gives us strength and courage to press into and believe upon his promises. Thus prayer was never about striving in my flesh to accomplish the word of the Lord but patiently waiting upon the Lord listening for his will and then proclaim what His spirit revealed. Prayer is neither a preformance nor a ritual manipulated by the will of man but an encounter with Jesus and evidence of the generousity of the mighty king to be glorified through his humble people. Prayer is evidence of the goodness of God and his desire to fellowship with man! So let us believe that those who wait on the Lord will not be put to shame and that we need not be discouraged nor disappointed when things dont go our way, because we are not the way He is our way!
What I have been thinking about...
All day long I am surrounded by words, from friends, family, coworkers, strangers, teachers, tons and tons of words all day long! Yet my heart has the privilege to hide the word of the Lord which lasts forever which does not fade nor is cancel by circumstance! How quick am I to receive the word of the Lord as real truth and promises for me?! Am I more willing to trust in the voice of my flesh, the voice of the professor, the voice to the preacher, the voice of a close friend, the voice of the devil. Who's voice am I listening for and not only who's voice am I listening for but who's voice do I actually believe? Its great to hear the word of God but do I receive it in my heart as truth? Or is their knowledge that has built itself up again the knowledge of Christ? Search my heart and know me Lord discern if their is any evil way, or wronkthinging concerning you, within me. For you are a majetic God able to finish the work you started so prepare your bride Lord for your return and cause us to be united and knit together in love as you have asked that we may bless you and love you like you love us! We love you Jesus.

:) Miss you all I pray all is well!
Lara

No comments: